Rakai Health sciences program is calling for applications for the post of Procurement Manager , Let look at what procurement managers actually do
Procurement managers, work for large companies and are normally in charge of managing and coordinating procurement agents, buyers or purchasing agents, as well as handling complex purchases for the company .
Given the complexity of the job, the question arises;
How much do procurement managers earn ?
Well in Uganda today a procurement manager will almost certainly earn between 1,000,000 – 5,000,000 depending on many factors like years of experience , level of Education among others.
What academic qualifications are required for the Position ?
Like most managerial position in Uganda, a procurement manager must possess a Bachelors of procurement with a professional qualification or a masters degree in a related field.
To apply for the Procurement manager position at Rakai Health sciences program , simply send your Cover letter, Academic Transcripts and all support documents to address Jobs@rhsp.org
Please note that only online applications will be considered . For details on the position visit the company website or find the details below
Essential Job Functions
- Review documents for the procurement of supplies and services and ensure compliance with the procurement policy and procedures manual.
- Monitor internal procurement systems and processes and ensure that compliance and timely execution are achieved across the organization.
- Engage in successful negotiation with new and existing suppliers to ensure economic savings and increased service levels
- Review invoices for compliance with contract terms.
- Ensure that records are maintained, and procurements are documented from initiation through to completion.
- Manage the procurement and disposal section of RHSP.
- Ensure that existing staff have a good working knowledge of procurement systems and procedures and that new staff are inducted appropriately.
- Ensure value for money and timely procurement of goods, services. & works to meet internal customer requirements within the agreed time frames.
- Ensure compliance with procurement regulations.
- Review and evaluate performance of suppliers.
- Prepare an submit regular and timely procurement reports to management
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A degree in Bachelors in Supply Chain / Procurement and Logistics.
- CIPS Qualifications.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a procurement manager or equivalent.
- A track record of high integrity
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement skills.
- Good planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Experience leading a team.
- Good computer skills especially in MS Excel & Word and databases.
- Knowledge of Navision is an added advantage
- Effective communication and reporting skills.
How to apply:
Applications: All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com Kindly indicate the Job title under subject of the mail. Only Online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Close of business by 5:00pm, Tuesday, 31st December 2019 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.