Accountancy is one of the most rewarding professions .In Uganda most so called accountants are actually graduates of finance, accounting and business administration degrees. The institute of certified public accountants of Uganda was established in the year 1992
Rakai health sciences program is calling for applications for the position of Senior Accountant . The ideal candidate must be a certified Accountant with experience attained in a busy organisation.
Senior Accountants earn between UGX 2,000,000 – 8,000,000 based largely on work experience.
To apply for the above position simply send a copy or letter , CV and supporting documents to http://email@example.com . For detailed description of job requirements please follow instructions below.
Essential Job Functions
- To develop, enhance and implement effective accounting and SOP’s including sound internal controls, documents and to ensure adherence to company financial and non financial policies/ procedures.
- To provide support to the Head of Finance on the management of the Navision accounting system and other related ERP systems /applications and provide guidance to the system accountant.
- To carry out review of submitted accountabilities and other supporting documentation to ensure adherence to financial reporting requirements and financial policy/manual procedures and to follow up and resolve any issues arising with implementing partner organizations or CBOs and ensure that their books of accounts are aligned to the signed MOUs.
- To use sound leadership and management skills to influence performance of accountants, assistant accountants, finance assistants and other cadres under his/her support and supervision.
- To monitor performance against budget to ensure all exceptions and variances are explained and duly approved by the donor and the leadership. To provide analysis report to aid decision making on budget reallocations and redirections where necessary.
- Preparation of audit schedules, financial reports, responsible for audit processes, coordination with the external auditors for all project audits.
- To manage the preparation of accurate and timely donor reports and Management reports. To conduct performance analysis that would provide insights to aid decision making.
- To oversee and support the reconciliation of banks, balance sheet, General Ledger and the respective subsidiary and contol accounts.
- To review documents submitted for payments and ensure completeness, accuracy, value money and as well ensuring compliance to donor requirements.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance/accounting or related
- Full professional qualification ACCA, CPA.
- Evidence of excellent quantitative skills e.g. good grades in a mathematical field at O and A level
- Managing and accounting for Donor funds for at least 4 years.
- Proficiency in using and Administration of Navision accounting software.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and other common financial software programs
- Strong Leadership skills and ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
How to apply:
Applications: All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the Job title under subject of the mail. Only Online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Close of business by 5:00pm, Tuesday, 31st December 2019 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.