Fundraising Officer at Finnish Refugee Council
- Full Time
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is a small INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM.
FRC is currently seeking for dynamic, qualified Ugandans to fill the following position;
POSITION : FUNDRAISING OFFICER – 1 POST
DUTY STATION : FRC COUNTRY OFFICE – KAMPALA
REPORTS TO : COUNTRY DIRECTOR
DURATION : 2 YEARS (Till end of 2021, renewable annually)
The key purpose of the job is to assist FRC Country Director to identify funding opportunities and project collaborations, advocate for the FRC work and write variety of project proposals..
• Identify funding sources fitting FRC scope of operations on adult education, livelihoods and capacity building.
• Keep up-to-date with development and humanitarian issues and trends in regard to Uganda and refugee work, and identify linkages with FRC operations.
• Develop, maintain and update the institutional donor data base and partner registry.
• Develop and update the FRC Fundraising Strategy.
• Provide technical assistance in project proposal writing.
• Prepare timely and accurate documentation on project proposals.
• Manage a mixed portfolio of funders to best practice standards, ensuring reporting deadlines are met, terms and conditions for grants are satisfied.
• Promote FRC program areas, especially adult education, among officials, donor and partner community, and seek actively linkages and synergies with them.
• Identify and manage relationships with foundations, institutional funders, governments and statutory-making bodies.
• Attract, build and develop relationships with new and existing corporate donors to secure long term and increased funding.
Academic Qualifications and competencies:
• Bachelor in Project Planning / Development Studies / Business Administration or similar.
• At least 3 years’ professional work experience at INGO/NGO setting.
• Strong hands-on experience on proposal writing, fundraising and advocacy.
• Knowledge of donors and funding sources, especially for adult education and refugee work.
• Proven track record of proposals written, submitted and approved. Applicant MUST HAVE previous experience on this.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years