Logistics Assistant at Finnish Refugee Council
- Full Time
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is a small INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM.
FRC is currently seeking for dynamic, qualified Ugandans to fill the following position;
POSITION : LOGISTICS ASSISTANT – 1 POST
DUTY STATION : FRC COUNTRY OFFICE – KAMPALA
REPORTS TO : PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS OFFICER
DURATION : 2 YEARS (Till end of 2021, renewable annually)
The key purpose of the job is to coordinate timely travel arrangement of both FRC staff and goods, identifying replicable Value for Money models by aiming to achieve cost reductions while maintaining or improving the quality of supplies and services received, ensuring full-time security of FRC staff and property..
Fleet Management (30%)
• Allocate vehicles to Drivers and monitor their use
• Plan, schedule and arrange vehicle movements to the FRC operating areas
• Liaise and arrange for repairs and regular maintenance of vehicles and motorcycles with Drivers and project leaders.
• Using standard template, compile fleet report on fuel, kilometers, service and repairs on a monthly basis.
• Coordinate fuel consumption purchase and tracking including reconciliation of statements with gas station(s) across FRC project areas.
• Track all insurances for motorcycles and vehicles and liase with supervisor to ensure insurance of and motorcycles are insured on time.
• Ensure all vehicle documents are filed per individual files and all documents are in place.
• Conduct vehicle inventory check on all vehicle and file stock of vehicle.
• Transport FRC staff and goods to various destinations.
• Develop procurement Annual plans for the vehicle and motorbikes operations
• Maintain records of all documents related to fleet purchases
• Order and maintain stock of motorcycle spare parts and consumables to enable timely service and repair of motorcycles in FRC Project sites.
• Coordinate with Procurement & Logistics Officer to identify and review motorcycle repair and maintenance Service Provider in all FRC Project sites.
• Develop specifications for vehicles and motorbikes purchases
• Liase with the Procurement & Logistics Officer to solicit for quotations from potential bidders for vehicles and motorbikes purchases
• Draft analysis for the vehicles and motorbikes bids for further review by your supervisor
• Clear with all the necessary paperwork and receive the purchased vehicles and motorbikes.
• Be the security focal person for FRC
• Monitor the security situation and share updates with all staff
• Receive and respond to incident reports
• Update the contact information database on FRC security focal points along with district security contacts
• Assess at office and towards staff and devise security measures
• Keep in touch with the security personnel and firms engaged by FRC
Stores Inventory (10%)
• Maintain and update records of all documents related to fleet management
• Develop and update inventory registers in both Kampala and field offices
• Monitor the loading and off-loading of project materials and items to ensure accuracy
• Design a system to monitor asset use in both Kampala and filed offices
Academic Qualifications and competencies:
• Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management, or in a relevant field. Post graduate Diploma in Management an added advantage.
• At least 2 years’ experience in Procurement and Logistics Management in a growing organization
• Experience in following through standard procurement processes along with vendor contracts management.
• Demonstrable results in previous work environment
• Valid drivers’ license and extensive driving experience with a clean record
• Technical knowledge of Ford, Toyota Land Cruiser and Toyota Hilux vehicles will be an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Email Application by 13th November, 2019 to; firstname.lastname@example.org Include in your application: • GROSS salary request must be included in the cover letter, • Maximum 4-page long CV highlighting the successful project proposals written, • Contact details of 3 professional reference persons (email and telephone). Do not email any certificates. Those are requested from short listed candidates only.