Organisation: MARIE STOPES UG
Subject: VACANCY: YOUTH & KEY POPULATIONS MANAGER
Location: KAMPALA – UGANDA
Posting Date: 1ST APRIL 2019
Deadline: 12TH APRIL 2019
Marie Stopes UG is currently seeking to recruit for the above position.
Reporting to the Director of technical services, the purpose of this role is to provide leadership and oversight of the MSUG portfolio on youth and adolescents across all the service delivery channels. Successful programming will leverage strong community linkages and pro-active engagement. This role will deliver the innovative thinking and business-changing recommendations that will form the core of our youth development and social impact work across all MSUG services.
1. Provide strategic leadership and management oversight of youth and Adolescents programming.
• Leading the implementation of interventions set out in the MSUG Youth & Adolescent strategy document.
• Use collaborative approaches with the service delivery teams under the youth, adolescents and key population programming to develop appropriate annual work plans/budgets, and reasonable service projections.
• Effectively use performance dashboards and cluster model to motivate teams and deliver high quality results in time and to budget.
• Work closely with the Head of Communications and Director of Programmes to continuously improve effective demand creation and youth participation initiatives.
• Identify and support service delivery teams to demonstrate and adopt inclusive youth, adolescents and key population friendly models while ensuring quality, compliance, operational or client care issues affecting service delivery to improve client outcomes.
• Work with the Training and Quality Assurance team to ensure continuous capacity building and integration of high-quality youth/adolescent and age-tailored information and services in accordance with the guiding national policies and MSI global standards.
• Work closely with MSI counter parts especially the Global Adolescent team to ensure alignment of the country program priorities to global needs and best practices.
2. Effectively work with Channel Heads and RME department to track progress in implementation of AYSRH activities and accurate capturing and analysis of MSUG’s youth reach.
• Tracking progress milestones of the implementation of the youth strategy (through regular reviews with Channel Leads).
• Tracking the youth and adolescent reach in each service delivery channel on a monthly basis and develop and agree remedial action plans where necessary.
• Lead discussion on key issues specific to youth and adolescent programming across MSUG service delivery channels.
• Participate in the annual business planning process with informed service projections and cost estimates.
• Provide status report and progress reviews to both internal and external partners.
• Document, share best practices, and identify potential areas for operational research to inform future programming.
3. New business development.
• Identify new opportunities and partners where MSUG’s strength and performance is aligned and brings value to an RFP.
• Lead on the development and writing up of strategies and interventions for Youth & Adolescent RH services and technical narratives in response to RFPs.
• Support on tasks related to proposal development.
4. Partnerships and Linkages.
• Build strong partnerships with youth led organisations to enhance youth participation and involvement in MSUG activities.
• Build Linkages with other SRH implementing partners to facilitate cross referrals for SRH specialised services.
• Represent MSUG at relevant Ministry of Health TWGs and other implementing partner fora’s.
• Represent MSUG within the MSI global community of practice forum for Youth & Adolescent services.
• Oversee strategic linkages of MSUG projects and involvement of partners.
• Document and share best practices both internally and externally.
Skills & Experience
• Minimum 3 years working experience in a busy work environment, preferably within an international NGO.
• Experience in writing donor reports and proposals.
• Experience in building relationships with external partners.
• Experience in representing an organization to external partners at a high level.
• Experience in youth friendly programming.
• Good Interpersonal & communication skills.
• Able to multi-task and efficiently manage competing priorities.
• Good leadership skills, and ability to take on and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
• Hands on experience and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work in deadline driven/results-oriented atmospheres.
Qualifications and Training (essential/desirable)
• Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in the relevant fields (International Development and Public Health are Preferred).
• Additional training in SRHR for adolescents and youth is required.
• Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
You are encouraged to apply for the position provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements. Forward your applications to this email address; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is 12th April 2019.
NB: MARIE STOPES UG IS AN EQUAL OPPRTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO SAFE GUARDING HUMANITY.