. The Senior Finance & Administration Officer
- Full Time
CEDOVIP is looking for a Senior Finance and Administration Officer who will assist with performing the first level accounting oversight at institutional level to ensure accuracy and compliance with CEDOVIP rules and regulations for all expenses and supplier payment requests. As a member of the management team, s/he will participate in program discussions and planning as appropriate, and will also assist with other financial, contractual and administrative support functions of CEDOVIP, major duties include the following:
1. Managing General Ledger journals, including wages journal, and accurate financial data entry on all relevant systems
2. Producing timely monthly management of accounts and departmental financial reports
3. Supervising the Finance officer and Accounts Assistant
4. Monitoring bank accounts, managing cash flow and Reconcile outstanding advances monthly and provide update to Executive Director.
5. Train Finance and administration staff as well as program staff on project policies and procedures in addition to how to properly complete the required financial procedures.
6. Following up on payment schedule with tax bodies, vendors and consultants to ensure
that they are paid within the agreed timeframe and statements are reconciled
7. Overseeing petty cash and Administering staff saving scheme
8. Co-ordinating the annual internal financial audit and the annual external audit, as well as ensuring the organization abides by relevant legislation and statute
9. Overseeing and reporting on income and expenditure on a monthly basis
10. Carry out routine field visits to ascertain value for money and items reaching correct beneficiaries
11. Reporting on external financial issues that might impact on the organization and
12. Any other duty as may be assigned by the Executive Director
Monitor procurement, logistics, travel and events processes for compliance with policy guidelines
Monitor utilization of motor vehicles, office equipment, computers and ICT system to ensure proper operation and maintenance in compliance with policy guidelines
Monitor records management and archiving system to ensure compliance with policy guidelines
Monitor protective measures to secure computers and office equipment
Ensure that the office legal registration is up to date.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
Professional qualification as a CPA is considered a plus
Minimum of 5-7 years of project level accounting or finance experience with or donor funded projects
2-4 years of supervisor or managerial experience
Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving.
Ability to provide audit trails of work done
Excellent written and verbal English language skills
Applied experience with a computerized accounting system. Quickbooks experience preferred
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
Strong administrative and communication skills
Ability to work independently and in teams; take initiative, and follow through on outstanding issues
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should prepare: a) A thoughtful cover letter; b) A CV only; please do not attach copies of certificates at this stage. c) A one-page write-up on the topic: “strengthening the financial function of a vibrant women’s rights organization” for position 1 and 2. For position 3, “why the Officer considers her/himself the most suitable for the assignment”.
Submissions should be delivered in hard copy to Plot 16 Tufnell drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Finance officer and Admin, or The Program Manager by 5:00pm on 14th June, 2019. No phone calls or any type of lobbying will be entertained. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 21stJune2019.